Hi everyone, CT member Debbie here with a bit of interesting freeware for all you font-aholics out there. I have a serious thing for fonts. I love them, download them, and then end up using the same 4 or 5 on all my layouts. I knew there had to be a better way, but couldn’t find one for Windows 7. One day I was grumbling about this problem to Laura, and she pointed me to this program! Wow, what a life-saver. It lets you make groups of similar fonts, so if you’re looking for a bold font, just open up Nexus, click on your Bold set and there you are! No searching in Photoshop, sorting through your files and going nuts! Everything in one place. The best part about it is it’s free!! Can’t beat that price.
Let’s open it up and see what we have.
This is my desktop with Nexus Font open. It’s pretty straightforward and intuitive. I’ve changed the text in the box at the top so I could see how a title would look on a page I was working on. I changed the color of the text too. (I have a thing for greens/blues)
If you look at the left I have a whole bunch of what Nexus calls Sets. It’s just fonts I’ve put together that are similar to save time when I’m looking for something in particular for a layout. Here’s what I’ve tagged so far for my Typewriter style fonts.
You can right click on a font and this menu will come up. That’s how I add them to groups/sets.
Their instructions are pretty lacking, but if you play with it you’ll get a feel for how it works, and how you can use it to find fonts, install, uninstall them and so forth.
I hope this has help all you font-aholics out there. If you’re interested in downloading the program, you can find it here: http://download.cnet.com/NexusFont/3000-2316_4-10861616.html
Our family is race fanatics really doesnt matter what kind of racing asphalt or dirt. This is for all the people that enjoy a fun racing kit. Please note some of the items (elements and word art_ – including the Alphabet Set were previously in a product called Race Zoom Zoom, but you worry there are plenty of new items and papers to enjoy making a few new layouts, This can be found at my Pickleberrypop shop. Will be on sale through next week.
Next if you missed last weeks Pickle Barrel -Something Wonderful has been added as a bundle and available now and on sale also.
Take a look at some of the adorable layouts done by the Creative Team using Need For Speed.
Enjoy your weekend, it is just about here! We I believe will be enjoying some more much needed rain.
Okay who out there in blog land is a fontaholic? Come on raise your hand! You know who you are! I must confess I LOVE fonts! All kinds of fonts! I have acquired mostly free ones but I do have some that I have purchased. I have heard the pros and cons of having all your fonts installed on your computer versus having them installed in a font manager. I researched it a lot and found that for the most part if you are dealing with less than 1,000 fonts installed you should be okay and your computer won’t be slowed down noticeably. That being said I don’t use a font manager, but I did look into those at one time as well. I did find this great article updated in July 2014 about the best font managers out there that are free. You can read up on it here: http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-font-manager.htm What is your experience with fonts? Installed or in a font manager? Are you like me and you see a font in print or on the internet and you must have that font? Did you know that there is a web page called What the Font? You snap a picture of the font you’re looking at, upload it to the web page and then it gives you the closest match! Cool huh! Okay font collectors, tell me about your favorite font! Go! You can tell us here on the blog or on the Fan page! We want to hear from you!
- What was the last photo you took on your phone? And why? RV’ing because I forgot my regular camera.
- Have you ever pulled over by the police? And what for? Yes, many-many years ago. The tag was expired on the van I was driving.
- What have you always wanted? And did you get it? A happy life, and yes, I got it.
- What’s the strangest prank call you have ever made? And how long ago was this done? To my DD on her special movie being cancelled. 25 years ago.
- What is your strongest strengths and weakness? Dependable but not as thrifty as I could be.
- If you could personally witness one thing, what would that be? Birth of G-babies…which I did.
- What keys on your computer keyboard don’t use you? INS Scroll/Lock
- What cheers you up? My G-babies and RV’ing.
- What was the first thing you really thought about after you woke up today? Ugg, it’s Monday.
- What is the longest you have gone without sleep? And why? 30 hours. Stupidity.
- Who is your hero and why are they your hero? My FIL is a pretty big hero for me. Always kind and thoughtful of others, nonjudgmental, seeing only good in all people.
- Give your best Knock knock Joke!! I’m drawing a big blank.
- If you were lucky enough to retire tomorrow, what would you be doing in a week’s time? Short travel trips so I could be back home to get my G-baby fix before taking off again.
- If you had to be trapped In a TV show for a month, what show would it be and why? The Pioneer Woman cooking show, to absorb all the info I could about marinades, what goes best with different foods, and the taste testing!
- If you could make the sky any color what would it be? Luscious , soft light purple.
- “Rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10 how weird you are. 7/10. I’m a serious homebody.
- How many hours in a day are you on your computer for fun? When I’m not transporting G-babies to/from school or cleaning house, most of the time.
- If you were a dog what would you want your name to be? Queenie.
- Do you think some people are mind readers? Absolutely.
- Hoarder or have little belongings? Hoarder.
- If you could ask Laura Burger any question right this minute what would it be? How do you stay inspired and what programs do you use. Is that two? Ha. I am inspired by many things and usually different things for each product I make. Sometime I use a photo for my colors as I want to scrapbook a special event. Other times it could be just walking the mall and looking at fabric or bedding and it grabs me and that is the start of a project. I am forever taking photos on my phone or ideas or something pretty that caught my eye that day. And probably the number one thing is nature, as it has every hue in it.
- As for showing my favorite layout done by Marilyn, I can’t – she has been with me for so long picking one would be impossible. But even better than showing you just one layout, hop on over to her gallery at Pickleberrypop and be inspired by every layout she does.
Wow I am so amazed that we are almost to the end of February, I am just not sure how times flies by so fast. This months Pickle Barrel I just adore, Something Wonderful – only at my Pickleberrypop Shop and on sale for $1.00 a package or grab the 6-pack and get a FWP elements add on. The sale ends Monday evening, so make your way over before it is bundled up.
I love life and all that it holds, the small things and the big things. Every day there is something I feel or see that is something wonderful and makes my heart smile. This is for some of those special moments I have and will have each and every day. Yesterday’s special moment was a photo I took of our feral outdoor cats all cuddled up because one of them was a bit hurt from the wildlife we have in the area. It’s rare that they ever cuddle up, so this warmed my heart.
So here is Something Wonderful
And here are some of the Creative Team members layouts, you will see this product can be very versatile for different looks. I am so blessed to have them on my team and share there layout with everyone for additional inspiration.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your February and for many I hope your Spring comes soon, I just can’t imagine living where it is so cold.
- What was the last photo you took on your phone? And why? A photo I took of Kassi and posted on my fb. I am taking a photography class and wanted to share it on instagram
- Have you ever pulled over by the police? And what for? I plead the 5th haha actually just a traffic violation.. I have a lead foot.
- What have you always wanted? And did you get it? my kids to feel successful and loved and we are getting there. life is always full of growth! I also have loved to learn photography on a more professional level which is my goal this year.
- What’s the strangest prank call you have ever made? And how long ago was this done? On April Fool’s day.. Had my husband call the mortuary asking for a lady named Myra Maines. He called and asked for them and they laughed and said she doesn’t “live” here anymore.. I actually had it done to me by my daughter, she set me up big and I fell for it! I felt so bad for calling the mortuary I called them back and apologized.
- What is your strongest strengths and weakness? Strongest: I love teaching and everyone says I am pretty good at it. I always end up making things into some sort of lesson, even with my clients Weakness: I am so critical of myself that I lack the self esteem needed for things in life way too often.
- If you could personally witness one thing, what would that be? Oh my… that is a hard one. I think watching my kids achieve their own success.
- What keys on your computer keyboard don’t use you? The “F” keys
- What cheers you up? A Monster drink, working out, and hanging out with my hubby. I kinda like my kids and grandkids too but, shhh that is a secret. ooooh and Shopping.. I love shopping especially for clothes.. I HOARD clothes.
- What was the first thing you really thought about after you woke up today? When I was ever going to rope my hubby into starting Christmas shopping.. It is not even 2 weeks away and we haven’t started :/
- What is the longest you have gone without sleep? And why? 3 days I think and it was for traveling during and after adopting Kassi from Vietnam.
- Who is your hero and why are they your hero? My kids.. they are all amazing and have grown individually into such strong and loving/caring people. I love each of them for all their strengths and how much they care about people.
- Give your best Knock knock Joke!! Knock Knock.. who’s there…etch…etch who..bless you
- If you were lucky enough to retire tomorrow, what would you be doing in a week’s time? Moving to Hawaii and finding a great little shack on the beach to hide away in.
- If you had to be trapped In a TV show for a month, what show would it be and why? Criminal Minds..because I am obsessed with cracking all the crimes.
- If you could make the sky any color what would it be? the color it turns when there is a golden sunset.
- “Rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10 how weird you are. 8
- How many hours in a day are you on your computer for fun? 25 hahaha
- If you were a dog what would you want your name to be? “mumu” she is our English Bulldog and it works.
- Do you think some people are mind readers? yep.. my hubby and I read each others minds all the time..
- Hoarder or have little belongings? hoarder
- If you could ask Laura Burger any question right this minute what would it be: want to go to lunch? I would love to go to lunch! Maybe I will plan and Utah trip after your snow is gone and we can do lunch!
- One of my favorite layout done by Tracy is
- She used the product Autumn and I think this is just an amazing use of masks and a perfect photo.