All new Sneak Peek – you can win the papers and elements by just replying to this blog post – This will be going into Pickleberrypop after the upgrade to the shop and in Feb!! I will pick a winner on Feb 1st!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
One of my favorite layouts that Cindy has done recently!
She used my Eclectic_border5 among other products to make this beautiful layout.
Here is a coupon to use to save 40% storewide through Saturday! Code to use 40%thruSaturday
1. What was the last photo you took on your phone? And why? A selfie of my hubby and me at the movies on Christmas Day. We went to see “Into the Woods” with the kids.
2. Have you ever pulled over by the police? And what for? Ugh, yes…last time was for speeding on the thruway by a NYS Trooper on Veterans Day. 74 mph in a 55 zone…lucky for me my son’s hockey coach for the last 2 years is a Trooper and got it reduced to a parking ticket with no traffic school.
3. What have you always wanted? And did you get it? A Disney Cruise Vacation, and no…not yet
4. What’s the strangest prank call you have ever made? And how long ago was this done? I have no idea…I guess when we were in grade school I can vaguely remember it happening. I was never on the making end…I would just listen…I’m an awful actress.
5. What is your strongest strengths and weakness? Strengths would be my attention to detail…it’s almost a prison. And weakness…I care too much about what others think of me and my actions.
6. If you could personally witness one thing, what would that be? Interesting question…maybe personally seeing dinosaurs roam the Earth…in a safe place of course!
7. What keys on your computer keyboard don’t use you? The shortcuts in the top row.
8. What cheers you up? Ice cream!
9. What was the first thing you really thought about after you woke up today? What time I had to take my daughter to work.
10. What is the longest you have gone without sleep? And why? Just recently while being sick, I went almost 3 days with out good sleep since I was coughing so much.
11. Who is your hero and why are they your hero? My Mom and Dad…simply by the way they raised us.
12. Give your best Knock knock Joke!! Knock, knock…who’s there?…Dwaine…Dwaine who?…Dwaine the bathtub, I’m drowning!
13. If you were lucky enough to retire tomorrow, what would you be doing in a week’s time? Probably looking for courses in photography or jewelry making…two things I’d love to do, but haven’t’ had the time.
14. If you had to be trapped In a TV show for a month, what show would it be and why? Downtown Abbey…I would love to see what it was like in that time period.
15. If you could make the sky any color what would it be? Rainbow
16. “Rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10 how weird you are. About a 5…I do have my quirks.
17. How many hours in a day are you on your computer for fun? Usually about an hour in the evening…sometimes more.
18. If you were a dog what would you want your name to be? Lucky
19. Do you think some people are mind readers? I think some people have a better intuition than others.
20. Hoarder or have little belongings? Hoarder…I definitely hang on to too much stuff.
21. If you could ask Laura Burger any question right this minute what would it be. How’s Lucy loving her new digs? Well so far I think she is enjoying them more than when she hated them. This was a hard decision to lock her up, but it was the best for her to stay alive.
I get asked often how to I keep my creativity going. Well, I will admit there are times it just leaves and I have no idea why. But when this happens there are a few things that will help you get back into the groove, whether you are a designer or a scrapbooker.
Get out in the sun, yes, even you in the snow area’s have sunshine, it might be as warm as you might like, but will help.
Buy a magazine you would not normally buy and examine each page. Find a font that inspires you, look at the colors used on the pages. It can be as easy as this to spark an idea within you.
Feel like you do not have time to read that book, then listen to the book. Feel the vibe the author is giving off. Drift into another world and let go.
You’re feeling like nothing seems right and always the same, grab a recipe off your favorite site. Do something new, something you would never think you would make or for that matter ever like.
Sit outside or from your favorite window and watch the clouds drift into new shapes and swirls.
Get off your butt and just walk, too cold outside walk inside. Grab new music and get some exercising done. Get your blood moving.
Back to the subject of music, listen to something new, something old. Let yourself feel the artist singing and write down notes of what you are thinking.
Grab that phone and make a call to your BFF and talk it out. You would be surprised to get everything off your shoulders, helping one another can make you feel rejuvenated. Kind of like a fresh start.
I started a notebook this year with little notes and ideas to keep me going. I rip pages from things, I take photos when window shopping and reference the photo in this notebook. When I feel I have hit a brick wall creatively if the above items don’t help then I have my handy dandy Creative Notebook to help me along the way.
How do you keep creative? Let me know here and on facebook, would love to hear what you all do to keep creative.
Hope you all have had a great start to this New Year. I think that 2015 is going to be a great year for many of us, it will mean changes for some and others it will just get better. This January’s Pickle Barrel is so pretty and has a meaning behind the products I did.
“The ties that bind us are sometimes impossible to explain. They connect us, even after it seems like the ties should be broken. Some bonds defy distance, and time, and logic. Because some ties are simply… meant to be.”
Love this saying and I also love this product.
It’s on sale through Monday for $1.00 each pack or get the 6-Pack and the FWP set of stitches. And only at my shop at Pickleberrypop, at this pricing.
or all the separates
And here are a few of my amazing CTM and their layouts.
Make it a wonderful weekend and capture the memories.
One of my Favorite layouts done by Ravelle –
1. What was the last photo you took on your phone? And why?
Friends wearing their ugly sweaters at our animal shelter volunteer “Ugly Sweater” party. I took it with my phone because I forgot my Canon 60D.
2. Have you ever pulled over by the police? And what for?
Yes, for really dumb things like going over the solid lines to get in the left hand turn lane. Thank goodness I only got a warning.
3. What have you always wanted? And did you get it?
To go to Australia and nope I have not been there yet!
4. What’s the strangest prank call you have ever made? And how long ago was this done?
Years and years ago, probably Prince Albert in a can when I was a kid.
5.What is your strongest strengths and weakness?
Working with people, I prefer to work in groups and collaborate, my weakness would definitely be getting someplace on time. I have to fool myself into getting someplace early.
6.What keys on your computer keyboard don’t use you?
All those “F” keys, other than F5 to refresh I have no idea what they do.
7.What cheers you up?
Laughter, I just have to watch a Modern Family or The Middle episode and I feel much better or talk to my daughter on the phone.
8. What was the first thing you really thought about after you woke up today?
That I had to meet someone and to try and not be late.
9.What is the longest you have gone without sleep? And why?
Probably over 24 hours. I had taken a train from London to Wales and then a Ferry to Ireland (the water was rough) and I can’t sleep on anything that moves and then I wanted to wait until nightfall to get myself on a schedule. I basically just sat in front of Trinity College in Dublin against a pillar and waited for night.
10.Who is your hero and why are they your hero?
My Dad, because he has always been there for me and never judged me.
11.If you were lucky enough to retire tomorrow, what would you be doing in a week’s time?
I am semi-retired so I would say just what I am doing now, volunteering with animals, scrapping, traveling, photography, trying to learn illustrator.
12. If you had to be trapped In a TV show for a month, what show would it be and why?
Star Trek or Star Trek next generation because I am a big Trekkie and love Sci Fi.
13. If you could make the sky any color what would it be?
Turquoise, my favorite color
14. “Rate yourself on a scale of 1 to 10 how weird you are.
Definitely an 8.75!
15. How many hours in a day are you on your computer for fun?
All day, my husband says it’s attached at my hip.
16. If you were a dog what would you want your name to be?
Lollipop my first dog’s name
17. Do you think some people are mind readers?
I absolutely believe there are people with special gifts, plus my husband always finishes my sentences and we always are thinking about the same place have dinner, weird right?
18. Hoarder or have little belongings?
Hoarder and pack rat, big time!!
19.. If you could personally witness one thing, what would that be?
An Aurora Borealis
20. Give your best Knock knock Joke!!
No thanks, I prefer peanuts!
21.If you could ask Laura Burger any question right this minute what would it be?
What’s the one thing no one knows about you?
I am pretty much an open book to those that know me but probably my fears I don’t talk about except my fear of heights. The one I rarely talk to anyone about my fear of the dark only outside. I can remember as a child the thought of going to the trash cans to bring out the trash was so scarey for me. And it has followed me to this day.
Well I am not sure you all open the goodies folder that I have in just about every single product folder. But inside is a coupon that will allow you to take advantage of getting free products.
Here is a copy of it and make sure you track you purchases. The new products will have the new 2015 program. If you have any of the older ones they need to be turned in as soon as possible, as they will expire at the of end of the month.